Monday, July 9, 2012

Today a question was passed my way: "What events in your life have impacted your weight gain?" and I said......


As for me, I grew up with my mom and my grandfather as major impacts in my life, mom was more so on the heavier side but my grandfather did his best to remain fit. And he always told me that a woman should take care of her body and mind her appearance. Also, growing up in the city I noticed how my friends (skinny chicks) were treated compared to me the rounder lady of the bunch….

As I got older, I then learned about medical hits my family was taking from diabetes. I lost one of my favorite great aunts to the disease, a disease that I thought was one obtained by just simple bad luck. When I learned it could be prevented and for some reversed (learned this with my husband in my head, Luther Vandross), I then began to take charge and look at the way I viewed food and physical fitness.

My final year in high school, I knew I was graduating and I knew that I would never see these folks again. My normal 170 frame blew up to 200 lbs in less than 6 months, all from sweet birthday cake, soda, pizza, and the wonderful fried foods.

When I hit my freshman year at NSU, I began making better choices with eating and fitting in physical activity when ever I could. When I officially cut out the beef and pork my wide statue became a sleek slender frame coming in at 1 motha-freaking 50…. Lawd the good ole days lol lol.

I now am not aiming to be small (although I am on a mission to get some type of abs lol) I want to be physically fit so I don’t feel like 35, 40, hell even 50!!!!

I also can not bear any types of surgery or shooting my self with insulin, those are not options for me. So I focus on steering clear of anything that can be prevented by moderation and exercise.

Now your turn....... what events have impacted your weight gain of loss??

No comments: