Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Journey Inspired

I sat down with my best friend who is currently on her own journey with weight loss and management. Her over all goals inspired me to follow through with plans made and her story is one to share.

When inspired, share the story, it was created to touch others.....





1.      How tall are you?[Toccara Robinson]  5’11


2.      What type of surgery did you have?[Toccara Robinson]  Gastric Sleeve.. its different from the gastric bypass because they do not cut your intestines. With the Gastric Sleeve, they pretty much remove a large portion of your stomach.  It makes it so that your esophagus, stomach, and intestines are like one long tube or sleeve.


 3.      I understand you and the gym have become best friends, what motivates you on a daily basis to live this healthy lifestyle.[Toccara Robinson]   I never thought I would ever say this but yes, the gym and I have become very acquainted. I am there pretty much 5 to 6 days a week and twice a day a couple times out of the week. My will to live is what motivates me on a daily basis.  I watched my cousin die from her weight and I vowed at her funeral that, it would be me.  Whenever I feel like not going to the gym, I just remember my cousin and how she would have given anything to have the opportunity to change her lifestyle.  Trust me it’s not easy but when I see other morbidly obese people like myself, something insides me just won’t let me give up and quit. 


4.      Do you plan on making an impression on others? And if so, who is your target audience?[Toccara Robinson]   I definitely want my journey to serve as a motivator for other people.  I want people to look at me and look back at my past pictures and say WOW, if she can do it, I can do it because this journey has very little to do with where you start but has everything to do with where you end up.  I am open to inspiring any one that needs the inspiration but I am really passionate about helping those people that are at a point where they can’t even help themselves.  I want to make a lasting impression on the folks that society has pretty much given up on.  The people that look at themselves and say, being fit will never be me and that feel like there is little they can do to change because they are destine to just be fat.  I want them to know that there is still hope and that they are worth the effort despite of what they think and what society wants them to believe.  There is still hope for change.


5.      Name one thing at the end of every day you set out to accomplish? Is that target hit every day?[Toccara Robinson]  Umm that is a hard one.  Every day I try to accomplish celebrating the little things.  I try to relish in the fact that it’s another day for me to try to do just a little more than I did before.  To try something new and to push myself towards another goal.  I have come to realize and my friends have been very instrumental in helping me come to this realization, that I am very hard on myself and that I don’t give myself enough credit for the accomplishments that I have made.  So my goal is to take a few moments everyday to reflect and to give myself a pat on the back.  There is still room for improvement but I can never forget where I came from


Stay tuned, we will definitely watch this woman succeed!!!

Go Toccara!!

Be sure to check out her blog; watch as learns, teaches, and shares with the world! 


Click HERE to check out Toccara's Blog

No comments: