Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let's Do the Math




Hey sis, did you know there are 3500 calories in one pound of fat? Does that sound like a lot? Hummm, lets see.


The average person takes in between 1500 -1900 calories perday (recommended) there are 7 days in a week!!! Imagine the numbers now!

I found a site that was useful in helping me understand, with numbers, the amount of energy (calories) my body could take in and still get me to my goal! (I vowe to make this as much fun as possible! lol). As well as the number of calories burned during daily activities!

Plug your numbers in: (The purple is an example of my layout email me if you have any questions or need help with your numbers.)

How many calories should you intake (max): 1570

How many calories to you take in during the week: (daily total X 7 days in a week) 10990

How many calories do you burn in a day (use this calculator for number) 508 (taebo)

How many caloris do you burn in a week: Number of days exercised x calories burned 3048 (6 days)

Calories consumed in a week - Calories burned in a week : 7942

Now: Divide your total by 3500: 2.3

NOTE: If it averages out to 2.5 or more calories, adjust your intake or calories burned, you may work too hard to achieve your goals, and burn out quickly!




Keep playing with the numbers until you hit something that is realistic.




No comments: